We've had an interesting few days. Daddy is out of town on business and this is the first time I've had to wrangle the troops on my own for 3 days. Ugh! I'm pooped! I was tempted to pour myself a glass of wine but was afraid the addition of alcohol to my already paranoid state would be bad... this house is big and it makes a LOT of noise!
I am not winning any mom of the year awards for today... we didn't get out of our pj's all day! In my defense it was pouring. I let Aaron watch and OBSCENE amount of television today! Don't judge - it's about survival, man! I also let him have a happy meal for dinner... yup, sure did! Hey - he got apples instead of fries and milk instead of soda... surely that counts for something?!?! Maybe I loose a point for going through the drive through in my pj's but whatever! Survival!
The highlight of our day was when Aaron's new carseat - errr Booster (he's very particular about that!) arrived. We went with the Britax Frontier 85 in the "cowmooflage" print. Let me just tell you... he is PSYCHED! It has two cup holders and a "penis protector" (his words, not mine!). I think I can explain... there is a small padded circle that goes over the buckle between his legs. It is meant to be a barrier between the seat and the buckle. Aaron thinks it is the perfect thing to protect his penis from getting snapped in the buckle. I didn't realize this was a problem but apparently it is. Good thing we opted for the "penis protector"!! :)
As you can see from the photo below, we did take a small break from watching television to decorate the carseat box.
Shortly after we finished decorating Aaron informed me that he would like me to glue him in the box to stay forever. He stayed in there for about 15 minutes (seriously!) and then somehow knocked it over and FREAKED out!!! We can laugh about it now but it was touch and go there for a bit!
It still amazes me that you can have a playroom full of toys and what do kids want to play with? A carseat box. Why do we bother? I'm totally hitting up the appliance section of Sears for a refrigerator box... we're going to make a sick rocket!
On a final note - Aaron made a funny today that still has me giggling. I was unloading the dishwasher and humming the song from the Handy Manny show. I said "I have the Handy Manny song stuck in my head right now" Aaron says "You are in big trouble, Mommy. That is why we don't put things in our ears. You better get that out before Daddy gets home." :) I love that kid!
3 years old!
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment