Here is a little story about the lesson I learned the hard way while using the car carts at the grocery store (this was a big hit at Marcus' playgroup on Thursday)
Aaron and I took a solo trip to the grocery store last week. As we pulled into our parking space Aaron spotted one of those ginormous carts with the car on the front. I can't stand those things... they are big and cumbersome and covered in other kid nastyness. I usually distract him from them but there was no avoiding it on this particular day... it was right next to our car! So, to avoid a meltdown in the parking lot, I agreed. We proceed to shop and about half way through the store Aaron says "hey Mama, I gotta tell you something." I say "Okay. What is it, pal?" He says "There used to be a cookie in this car" I hang my head knowing the answer to my next question but and ask anyway... "What do you mean, USED to be a cookie?" "I ate it" All the mom's in earshot say "ewwww... been there!" We proceed to have a discussion about eating "found food" or food from strangers. He seemed to get it so we forged on with the shopping. About 3 aisles later Aaron says "Hey Mama, I don't really like ham." Again, knowing (and fearing) the answer to my next question, I ask anyhow... "What would make you say that, Aaron?" "Look!" I go to the front of the cart to find Aaron sitting there with fistfuls of shredded ham! Ewwwwww!!!! At this point I'm dry heaving. Noticing my disgust, Aaron says "I think I'm going to get out of here - this cart is nasty" Lesson learned... never, ever, ever allow your child in a grocery store car cart without thoroughly inspecting its contents.
This is a bedtime conversation between Aaron and Daddy...
Aaron: "Dad do you have boogies in your nose?"
Brad: "Nope, no boogies here"
Aaron: "So is that just hair in your nose?"
Brad: "yeah, pal. I guess it is"
Aaron: "Can you breath with all that hair in there?"
Brad: "Yes, Aaron. I can breath just fine."
Aaron: "Will I have hair in my nose someday?"
Brad: "Yeah, probably"
Aaron: "Are you sure I will be able to breath with all that hair in my nose?"
Aaron's new game...
It's called "Karate Kid" but it SOUNDS like he's saying "Crack Head". We still do a double-take each time he asks us to play. I believe Tommy and Lindsay can attest to its hilarity. :) The "game" itself consists of us kicking each other back and forth so naturally, we're not big fans. It will probably be easier to put an end to this game when we can control our laughter at his pronunciation.
After bath conversation...
I was combing Aaron's hair after his bath. He turns to me and says "Please don't put any product in my hair" (yes, he said "product"). I said "okay, I won't." and out of curiosity I asked "why?" He shrugs, scrunches up his nose and very seriously says "I'm not really a gel kind of guy" After choking on my laughter I asked him where he learned that phrase. He says "Well, Uncle NoNo isn't really a gel kind of guy so I'm not either"
There you have it... sponges!!! I assume NoNo said this to Aaron when they were getting ready for his White Coat Ceremony... two months ago!
We can definitely attest to the hilarity of "Crack Head!" That kid is a riot!!
ReplyDelete