Aaron / Marcus age tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Christos Anesti! Happy Easter!

"Western" (Catholic or Christian) Easter coincided with Greek Orthodox Easter again this year!  We love it when that happens!  "Christos Anesti" or Christ is Risen is what we say at Greek Church. 
We traveled up to Vermont to celebrate Easter this year.  On Saturday we went to Sugar and Spice for an Easter Egg Hunt... it was pouring but still fun for Aaron

The Sugar and Spice restaurant is iconic... it's one of the best places in town for breakfast.  We used to go there a lot growing up.  After the egg hunt we went inside for brunch. I don't even look at the menu... I always get the Mendon Miler.  Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm!  It's an english muffin with canadian bacon, poached egg and VT cheddar cheese. 
Marcus and GG
He tried lots of new things (thanks a lot, Ace!) including maple syrup, jelly beans and pancakes
Aaron ordered Cookies and Cream Pancakes... they were delicious!
We hung out at Ace and GG's for the day wishing the weather was nicer.  We did manage to dye some Easter Eggs... Aaron did a great job and didn't break a single egg! 
At 6 o'clock our food fest continued when we went to the Victorian Inn at Wallingford for dinner.  We had a very nice time.  Aaron had escargot for an appetizer and LOVED it!  He thought eating snails was the coolest!  Ace and GG know the owners, Soo and Stanti and I know Stanti from my fish slinging days at Mr. C's so their special attention to our table made for a special evening.  (sorry - everyone forgot their camaras AND phones so no photos!)
Aaron and Marcus slept like champions and waited for the Easter Bunny to come.  He left them baskets and eggs to hunt...






After our egg hunt and baskets we got dressed in our Easter Finest and went to St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church.  Much of the Louras clan was there including Uncle Gus and Aunt Ruth, Valerie, Mark and Tara Fathergill, Julie and Nico (cantor for the service) Louras, Chris (Mayor) and Judy Louras and their boys Augie and Ian (alter boy).  Uncle NoNo also came down from Burlington for church.  It was a really nice service and I think my Papa would be proud that we went.  I think of him often and feel especially close to him in that church. 
Here are some shots of the Libertore family... yes, I dressed us alike and will continue to do it as long as I don't get any push back.  Aaron LOVED that we were all "same same"

After church Uncle Nono, Ace and Daddy kept the boys busy while GG and I prepared dinner.  

Our Easter dinner was DELICIOUS!  Here is the menu...
Appetizer: Shrimp cocktail and Deviled Eggs
Dinner:  Lamb Kabob's marinated in a yogurt sauce (which we also used for dipping - yum!).  Sweet onion and orzo casserole with Gruyere cheese.  Brown butter and tarragon asparagus.
Desert:  Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Pie with Lemon Curd and blackberries

No comments:

Post a Comment