Marcus has his first ear infection... well, double ear infection actually. :( My sweet happy baby is so pitiful. We went to see the doctor on Monday (with half of Brookline... we waited to see someone for over an hour!) and they confirmed what we assumed. We left with a script for some amoxicillin and fortunately no parking ticket! Marky has a little sensitivity to the amoxicillin... he wasn't able to keep it down last night or the night before. He seems to be doing much better today.
I'm flooded with memories (nightmares might be a better word) of Aaron at this age... that poor little punkin' had 11 ear infections in 7 months! I'm grateful that Marcus does not appear to be following that path (oh jeez... now I've jinxed it!). For Aaron it started at 3 months and didn't end until 10 months when we went to see an otolaryungologist (that is such an annoying name... why can't we call them ENTs anymore?) to discuss tubes. The ENT (whatever!) took a look at Aaron's ears, had him take a hearing test, took a look at my ears and Brad's ears and asked us a few questions about our childhood ear infections. He scratched his chin, hemmed and hawed for a few minutes and asked us to humor him and not do anything yet. We gave him a puzzled look. He went on to say that ordinarily he would recommend an ear tube surgery but he had a gut feeling that this was the end of the ear infection train for him. He said if Aaron came down with another ear infection in the next 30 days we would like to revisit the tube discussion but didn't think he would be seeing us again. Amazingly - he was right! No more ear infections for Aaron! I don't know how he came to that conclusion but we are soooo grateful he did before we put Aaron through a surgery!
Trying to comfort a baby in pain is difficult for a parent but I have to admit... I've enjoyed the midnight snuggles with Marcus. Get better soon Marky - I think Daddy is ready to have his bed back!
3 years old!
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment