Happy 6 Month "Birthday" Marcus!!!
What a difference 6 months makes in a baby! Time is really flying by! Marcus had his 6 month well visit today and is doing perfect. We saw a new NP today - Christine who was very sweet. Marcus' usual NP is out on maternity leave and Dr. Amin is booked solid until his paternity leave in June. We talked a lot about food and the developmental milestones he should hit by this point and what to expect over the next 3 months. I'm happy to say that Marcus has caught up verbally and has already reached one of the 9 month verbal milestones - saying Mama and Dada (even if not in context). I guess you just didn't have anything to say until recently! He is trying to sit on his own and thinks its hilarious when he topples over. He successfully rolls from his back to his tummy and sometimes back again. Over the next 3 months we can expect that he'll be trying to pull himself to a standing position - crazy to think we're almost at that stage already! Marcus was his usual smiley self - even through the shots!
Foods he's tried:
Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, Avacado, Apples, Bananas, Pears, Peaches, Prunes, Rice Cereal and Oatmeal.
Bananas and sweet potato did not agree with his sensitive little tummy... that's when we had to give prunes a try! Carrots had the opposite effect! Avacado was not a hit... he shivered and spit it out (Aaron did the same thing!). I've been making all of Marcus' food (except the prunes and the baby cereal) which feels really good. For dessert tonight I made him apples mixed with molasses, oatmeal and cinnamon... it was a BIG hit!
His 3 month stats:
Height - 28" - 95%
Weight - 18 lbs 9.5 oz - 72%
Head - 47cm - 99%
Vaccines - DTaP, Hib, IPV, PCV13, RV5, Seasonal Flu
Dear Marcus,
6 months already... I wish you'd slow down! I thank God everyday for you and feel so blessed that you joined our family. You are a wonderful baby with a fantastic disposition. You have taught me so much over the past 6 months and I have enjoyed every second of staying home with you. Watching you figure things out, learn and change has been a blast - I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring.
I love you biggest, Marky Mark.
-Mommy
Dear Marcus,
6 months already... I wish you'd slow down! I thank God everyday for you and feel so blessed that you joined our family. You are a wonderful baby with a fantastic disposition. You have taught me so much over the past 6 months and I have enjoyed every second of staying home with you. Watching you figure things out, learn and change has been a blast - I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring.
I love you biggest, Marky Mark.
-Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment