Update: We are expecting Baby Libertore #2 in early September. It's a BOY! We are thrilled and Aaron is too! We have a name (a GREAT one!) but are withholding it for the time being. We did not experience the influx of opinions when we were naming Aaron (probably because those that know us know that the name Aaron held a very special meaning) and were caught off guard with the comments people would make about the names in our "top ten" list. "I once knew a guy named xxx... he was a real jerk" or "Everyone will think you named him after the singer xxx" or "people will nickname him xxx if you chose that name". So because one (or 11) bad apple has ruined the bunch - we are waiting until our little angel is born before revealing his name to the masses. For now we will call him "Turtle".
This pregnancy has been very different from Aaron's. The beginning was a little rocky - a lot of nausea and exhaustion. I definitely had bouts of nausea with Aaron but not like this. Ever since I hit the 12 week mark it has been smooth sailing. Some minor heartburn is my biggest complaint. Today i am 27 weeks and going strong. Turtle has become much more active in the recent weeks. I feel his little kicks and punches throughout the day and they come as welcome little reminders that he's in there. I had a checkup on Tuesday, 6/1 and Turtle's heart rate was 140. My weight gain is on target and my blood pressure is better than it was when I was a teenager! I'm optimistic that I will continue to have an uneventful pregnancy. Now if only we could convince my OB to let me deliver before September 1... public school cut-off date. :)
Here is our little Turtle's ultrasound at 12 weeks. We have one from 18/19 weeks as well but I don't seem to have it with me right now.

Stay tuned... I have every intention of returning with more updates!


Yay! You're back :)
ReplyDelete