I can't believe my baby turns one in a week! I've been busy planning his first birthday party and LOVING it! Here is the
Evite Invitation. We've decided to have a book exchange in lieu of a party with gifts for the birthday boy. I'm really excited about this for a number of reasons... We have tried the "your presence is present enough" thing and ended up with presents anyway (which can make those that opted to follow the rules feel bad). Also... he's 1. He doesn't NEED anything. He has more toys than he knows what to do with and enough clothes to choke a goat! We thought the book exchange would take the pressure off our guests and teach the older kids a lesson in sharing.
The theme (if you can call it that) is Red. Just Red. Here are a few photos of what I've done so far...
 |
| Birthday Shirt |
 |
| Wreath for the door... made from a foam floral wreath and tissue paper (Dollar Store!) The mini pennant banner is made from scraps from the cupcake toppers. I love my glue gun! |
 |
| Cupcake Toppers |
 |
| Decided he needed a bib to match. The pants are from Zutano (a VT company) and are so great! |
|
|
 |
| Photos of his first 11 months framed in red (all from the Christmas Tree Shop for $1 each!) I replaced the usual photos on our living room walls with these for the party. |
Because we are doing a book exchange I decided to give each child a library tote bag with their name (or monogram if I know it) on it. I ordered the totes and hope they get here in time to embroider! They are white and red canvas and roughly 15x11 which should be a good size for kids... we'll see!
Photos from the party to come in another post. It should be a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment