Aaron began tumbling class a few weeks ago at the
Gymnastic Academy of Boston. He attends every Thursday and is one of 4 kids in his class. He LOVES it! In addition to learning how to do forward and backward rolls, handstands and cartwheels he has gotten so much better at following instructions. Each week the theme of the class changes and his teacher, Katrina sets up a series of obstacle courses for the kids to go through. At various points in the obstacle course they find cut out shapes or animals taped to the mats and they have to perform the task each shape represents... star is for "ta-da!", triangle is for a
scale, a smiley face is a cartwheel, a hand is a handstand etc... Katrina runs the obstacle course first while the class sits and listens. When she is done they get to go for it. It typically takes 10 minutes or so to go through the course so it's a lot to remember. I'm really impressed with Aaron's ability to recall the path of the course.
I was told when I signed Aaron up that the Tumble Tot class didn't need any parent participation but when we got there all the mom's followed along and helped out... I couldn't very well be the only mom in the waiting room! I wasn't sure how I was going to do it with Marcus but Brad has arranged his schedule so he can work from home on Thursday morning and Aaron and I get some one-on-one time together. I love his tumbling class as much as he does!
 |
| Monkey bars! |
 |
| Crossing over the balance bridge |
 |
| straight jumps on the trampoline |
 |
| Aaron's favorite... jumping into the foam pit! |
They finished all the obstacle courses early so Katrina let the class mess around on the trampoline.
There are 7 weeks left of the class... we will definitely sign up for another class when this one ends!
No comments:
Post a Comment