Aaron decided he was big enough to take care of his trip to the bathroom from start to finish today. It turns out he's not ready to do the dirty work yet. This is how I felt... Literally! It was not pretty!
Aaron - You were so proud of yourself for taking on this task and it made you so sad when I got irritated with you. I'm sorry for grumbling... I wish I could have a do-over. If I could I would hug you and say "I love, love, love your independence! I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to take over that particular aspect of your personal hygiene. I think, however, that we're a good ways away from you being able to successfully do that on your own. Don't be discouraged, pal... I've never met a 3 year old that could wipe their own dupa. You'll be doing it all on your own soon enough... for now, let Mommy or Daddy help you. I love you biggest!"
The good news is... we're already laughing about this! :) Daddy says this is one of those little tid-bits about your childhood we'll share with your future wife... much like the stories your Mimi and Papa have shared with me about your Daddy. Oh boy!
3 years old!
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment