Aaron / Marcus age tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Potty Talk by Guest Blogger, Daddy

So, we have been wanting to write a post about this for a while because it is such a funny part of our days with Aaron, but it is one of those things that we have decided to reserve for the family (until now).  Since this blog is a baby book, of sorts, we decided it was necessary to include - and use at all of the major life-events in Aaron's future. (Graduations, wedding, other events where it is appropriate to embarrass him with goofy childhood stories...)

I'll be making a guest appearance for this post because it is probably best coming from the Dad.  After all, its not ok to use potty talk in front of Mommy. Unlike Erica's posts this one doesn't come with a picture.  You'll understand why in a moment...  And just a friendly warning: this is a bit gross!

Aaron is just about the most "regular" person you will ever meet.  He is basically BeneFiber with legs.  Needless to say, we spend a LOT of time in the bathroom.   So much time, that Aaron has had ample time to create a new game.  He calls it the "What does this one look like" game.  Yes.  That's right.  Aaron likes to take a look at his poop and talk about what (or who) it looks like.  And he is a pro!  He is so good that he will say what the poop looks like within 3 seconds and it is amazing how it actually looks like what he says.  (Yes, we look, but you would too if your son pointed into the toilet and exclaimed, "Look!  It looks like Abraham Lincoln!)   Ok, maybe our 3-year-old isn't identifying Honest Abe in his BMs, but it is an uncanny ability.  For example, last week, Aaron pointed into the toilet and screamed downstairs, "Guys!  Come look!  I pooped the number 4!"   And sure enough, Aaron had pooped the number 4.  Another impressive one was the Winnie the Pooh poop.  (And no - I'm not going for the easy joke on that one...)  It was unbelievable.  It really looked like Pooh.  (Ok, I had to go for the easy joke.)

Again, I am posting this against my better judgment, as I am not a fan of potty talk and this isn't really one of those talents you want to openly brag about, but as a parent I guess we all end up applauding talent when we see it.  I think I will probably put a moratorium on updates for the "What does this one look like" game, but if we find Abe Lincoln or Mickey Mouse, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment