Marcus had his 4 month check-up with Dr. Amin yesterday. All went well. He was a happy little guy and showed off his tummy time skills... you'd think we actually did the recommended 45 minutes each day. :) I hesitate to say that he is behind on anything but many babies are babbling (consonants not just vowel sounds) by this point. We're not there yet but he is more vocal everyday and Dr. A assured us that there is nothing to be concerned about. It's likely that Marcus is fighting for air time with big brother, Aaron. Dr. A suggested Aaron read Marcus stories to encourage language skills... we're on it!
Things we can expect in the next few months include: passing objects from one hand to the other, pushing up on hands (vs. elbows), rolling from tummy to back and vice verse (he began rolling from back to belly on the left side only around Christmas time), doubling up consonants like ba-ba or ma-ma and of course, begin eating solid food. For Christmas I received the Beaba baby food processor... I can't wait to get started making Marcus' food. I made a lot of Aaron's food but we didn't have the fridge or freezer space in our old apartment for bulk cooking. In the new house (did I mention we're moving?? I will...) we have a large fridge/freezer in the kitchen and a standing freezer in the laundry room! I can't wait to get started!
Marcus got a series of vaccines yesterday in 2 shots which had him hurting later in the evening... DTaP, Hib, IPV, PCV13, RV5
Height - 26.2 inches... 88%
Weight - 15 lbs 9oz... 64%
Head Circumference 44.5 cm... 95%


No comments:
Post a Comment