Ok... lots to update! Here it goes...
Marcus' first few weeks were a challenge! He had reflux which was causing him to choke and ultimately stop breathing. It was a scary few weeks. He is doing great now and we haven't had an incident since he was 2 weeks old. His pediatrician assured us that, while scary, it is a fairly common thing to happen. We were given some suggestions on things to do to minimize the reflux... sleeping upright (car seat or swing), burping Marcus after each ounce he drank, remaining upright for 30-45 minutes after eating, tummy time prior to eating and others.
He is 3 months old and the happiest little guy I've ever seen! He smiles all day long and is such a joy. He has been sleeping through the night since he was 3 weeks old! Every night at 11:00 when I put him down for bed I think to myself "this could be the night he stops sleeping through the night" and every morning I wake up at 7:00 I am grateful for another wonderful evening.
Aaron has taken to being a big brother like a pro! He is so wonderful with Marcus! He likes watching cartoons with him in his lap, he helps with diapers and bottles and replacing his pacifier when it falls out.
Here is a photo montage of the first few months as a family of four...
 |
| This was Marcus' first bottle... Aaron is a big help! |
 |
| Going home... 9/6/10 |
Home at last... "He smells yummy, Mommy!"
 |
| First sponge bath at home with Mimi |
 |
| Aunt Alexzndra meets Marcus when the Louras Family came to Boston on 9/10-9/12 |
 |
| Aunt Emmy and Uncle Adam |
 |
| Apple Picking in VT - 9/25/10 |
 |
| Ace and GG with their boys |
 |
| Hike to the top of Killington - 9/26/10 |
 |
| Kristi Baleno came for a visit - 9/30/10 She and Aaron had a blast... "I like ketchup on my oatmeal" |
 |
| Happy Little Pumpkin! |
 |
| Buzz Lightyear - "To Infinity and Beyond!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment