Today is the beginning of week 31 of this pregnancy. I'm feeling great. I was singing a slightly different tune a few weeks ago but fortunately, my body seems to have adjusted to the heat of the summer. The little ninja is kicking, punching and rolling up a storm! He moves constantly and has kept me up many nights. I may gripe about it but the truth is, I don't mind... it's reassuring to feel him. His movements can be seen now which is fun for Daddy and Aaron. He is particularly active first thing in the morning. He has the hiccups right now which is a funny feeling and also very distracting... hic..... hic.... hic....
I had my 30 week OB appointment yesterday - everything is going great. Blood pressure was 117/70, glucose test results were perfect and the baby's heart rate was 150. We asked to be scheduled for another ultrasound so we are looking forward to that... too bad we have to wait 6 weeks! I can't wait to see your face, little one! We also picked a D-date! Thursday, September 2nd (unless, of course he decides to come a little early -which is ok by me... just not too early!) I should be getting confirmation of the exact time shortly.
We had the VBAC discussion with Dr. Vincent towards the beginning of the pregnancy. She said she would support us if we chose to go for a VBAC but felt that I wasn't a strong candidate for success given the tilt to my pelvis. I believe her exact words were "if you have a 6lb or less baby with innate acrobatic abilities - it might work". We agreed to see how the pregnancy progressed and if the baby was measuring small we could give it a try. It doesn't appear as though small babies are something I can pull off! :) We have decided the safest thing for mommy and baby is to have a planned c-section. I had a very easy recovery from my section with Aaron and feel confident that this section will go equally well.
We are heading up to VT for the 4th of July tomorrow. Aaron is very excited to see his Ace, GG and UNCLE NO NO!! He pretends to call Uncle No-no on the phone every night and they "talk" about their plans for the weekend. The plan right now is for all of us to stay through Monday then I will drive back to Boston for work and return to VT on Friday evening. The boys will stay in VT for the week and enjoy the predicted nice weather. It should be fun for them but I will miss them terribly!
3 years old!
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment